1. Come to the station and pick up an application or print one off our web site.
2. Fill out application and obtain a criminal background check and a copy of your driving record. Available at the NC DMV and Sheriff's Dept.
3. Turn in application to the department and it will be reviewed reviewed by the application committee.
4. Once the committee has reviewed your application, and you have met the minimum requirements of the department, you will be call for an interview.
5. After the interview any applicant will serve an orientation period you will be sent for a drug test and pending a negative test you will be voted on as a probationary member by the membership pending a majority vote.
6. Your probationary period will last a maximum of 1 year and in that first year you must obtain NC Firefighter Level I. Once this is completed you will be tested on your knowledge of the fire service and removed from probationary status.
For questions contact Union Road Volunteer Fire Department